Monday, May 28, 2012

REVIEW: Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Divergent 2)


#FirstWorldProblems : Having to wait more or less a year for the last book to come out. Oh, how will I cope with everything?!?



If you haven't read Insurgent yet, don't read this. You will be spoiled.

Last chance to turn back.

THERE WILL BE TONS OF SPOILERS.

Okay, your choice.

So, I don't know how I can write a review regarding all the AWESOME. Okay, I'm going to start with why I rated this five stars. Well, mainly because I can't rate it 279731647901794 stars. Yes, it is, in fact, THAT awesome. The way the story twists and surprises you, that is legen wait for it DARY!!!! I do notice the obvious change in the main protagonist Tris' behavior, as she became more paranoid and erratic, but I think it was steered to the author's advantage. The main conflicts, the sub-conflicts, the conflicts Tris have with Tobias, the conflict Tris has with herself, all contributes to a perfect novel. The way bravery is confused with idiocy isn't annoying, it's understandably necessary for the author to create a character with it's own weaknesses and vulnerabilities. The way Tris and Tobias' relationship goes through ups and downs isn't flawless, but hey, this isn't a utopian novel where everything was supposed to be molded to be perf, right?

Now, I can see that many people compares Divergent to Insurgent. While both books are amazing, they are just amazing in different ways. Divergent had a different feel to it, focusing on Tris' divergency. But in Insurgent, many new conflicts presented itself, and you can see that Tris' (and a whole bunch of other's ) divergency is just a part of the bigger picture. That bigger picture is what left me hanging at the end of the book. What makes me thrive for the third book. What the hell does that ending mean?!!? I mean, I know it means that there is a world- there is our future world- outside the fence. But what, how, when, who, all questions still remain unanswered, until the third book will be released and I have to fight to buy it earlier than anyone else in my country. Yes, I spoiled you. The book three would probably revolve around the outside world. The world beyond the fence.


And I. Can't. Wait.

2013.

A year.

Why?

Why?


WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY

Yes, this was a great book, like I love it so much that I growled at people trying to touch my copy. Yes. You should read it. If you don't, I'm judging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment